WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

MichaelAndJesus - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* MichaelAndJesus > Topics

Subject: What Some Commentators Have Said
Replies: 8 Views: 726

unquiet1 6.01.12 - 11:24am
Many who criticise the view that Jesus is Michael don't realise that a number of Protestant sources agree with the Witness position. *

unquiet1 6.01.12 - 11:29am
Protestant founder John Calvin knew Jesus to be Michael thats why he said ''As we stated yesterday, Michael may mean an angel; but I embrace the opinion of those who refer this to the person of Christ, because it suits the subject best to represent him as standing forward for the defense of his elect people.'' - John Calvin. (See Calvin's writings online at http://www.ccel.org/ c/calvin/comment3/comm_vol25/htm/vii.htm *

mab21 6.01.12 - 11:32am
i should put some commentators on my side too lol *

unquiet1 6.01.12 - 11:37am
John Wesley was reading daniel 10:21 and had this to say ''Michael - Christ alone is the protector of his church, when all the princes of the earth desert or oppose it.'' - John Wesley's commentary on Daniel 10:21. (See Wesley's writings online at http:// wesley.nnu.edu/john_wesley/notes/daniel.htm *

unquiet1 6.01.12 - 11:40am
''a) The angel here notes two things: first that the Church will be in great
affliction and trouble at Christ's coming,
and next that God will send his angel to
deliver it, whom he here calls Michael,
meaning Christ, who is proclaimed by
the preaching of the Gospel.'' - Geneva Bible Commentary. (See http:// www.ccel.org/g/geneva/notes/
Daniel/12.html *

mab21 6.01.12 - 11:57am
we will never reach a common point of view anyway. in my church, i'm catholic we celebrate Saint Michael on a diffenert day than Jesus, who has many days for celebration and the known holidays of Easter and Christmas. *

unquiet1 6.01.12 - 12:03pm
did you look in the bible? *

mab21 6.01.12 - 12:10pm
there is no rgument to convince me. Jesus is not Michael the Archangel no matter how mighty and powerfull and special Michael the Archangel is depicted. Sorry... *

way2go 7.01.12 - 04:55pm
In the New Testament,Jesus says ''I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'' - John 14 :6. He rules out praying to his mother, Mary,or any of the saints for intercession, regardless of whether he is Michael or not. Plus his disciple also wrote ''guard yourselves from idols'' in his first letter 1 John chapter 5,verse 21. This echoes the 2nd of the 10 Commandments where it says not to make an image and bow down before it,for use in worship- Exodus 20:4,5. Yet,millions do this very thing in church every week. So it doesn't matter if Jesus is Michael or not to many, because their worship won't be acceptable to God,when they do opposite to what He commands - ''Their idols are silver and gold, the work of the hands of earthling man....Those making them will become just like them,all those who are trusting in them.''-Psalm 115:4 -8 *

* MichaelAndJesus Forum

Search:
topics replies

* MichaelAndJesus

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search