WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

MichaelAndJesus - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* MichaelAndJesus > Topics

Subject: wot the bible says
Replies: 16 Views: 815

unquiet1 6.01.12 - 08:26am
The angel called Michael is not mentioned often in the Bible. However, when he is referred to, he is in action. In the book of Daniel, Michael is battling wicked angels; in the letter of Jude, he is disputing with Satan; and in Revelation, he is waging war with the Devil and his demons. By defending Jehovahs rulership and fighting Gods enemies, Michael lives up to the meaning of his name ''Who Is Like God?'' But who is Michael?

At times, individuals are known by more than one name. For example, the patriarch Jacob is also known as Israel, and the apostle Peter, as Simon. (Genesis 49:1, 2; Matthew 10:2) Likewise, the Bible indicates that Michael is another name for Jesus Christ, before and after his life on earth. Let us consider Scriptural reasons for drawing that conclusion. *

unquiet1 6.01.12 - 08:31am
Archangel. Gods Word refers to Michael ''the archangel.'' (Jude 9) This term means ''chief angel.'' Notice that Michael is called THE archangel. This suggests that there is only one such angel. In fact, the term 'archangel' occurs in the Bible only in the singular, never in the plural. Moreover, Jesus is linked with the office of archangel. Regarding the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 states: ''The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangels voice.'' Thus the voice of Jesus is described as being that of an archangel. This scripture therefore suggests that Jesus himself is the archangel Michael. *

unquiet1 6.01.12 - 08:38am
Army Leader. The Bible states that ''Michael and his angels battled with the dragon . . . and its angels.'' (Revelation 12:7) Thus, Michael is the Leader of an army of faithful angels. Revelation also describes Jesus as the Leader of an army of faithful angels. (Revelation 19:14-16) And the apostle Paul specifically mentions ''the Lord Jesus'' and ''his powerful angels.'' (2 Thessalonians 1:7; Matthew 16:27; 24:31; 1 Peter 3:22) So the Bible speaks of both Michael and ''his angels'' and Jesus and ''his angels.'' (Matthew 13:41) Since Gods Word nowhere indicates that there are 2 armies of faithful angels in heaven... one headed by Michael and one headed by Jesus, it is logical to conclude that Michael is none other than Jesus Christ in his heavenly role *

mab21 6.01.12 - 09:45am
I understand the way you think, but i still don't believe Jesus is the same wit Arcangel Michael. Do angels have wings? Does Jesus have wings? A sword of fire? Michael the Archangel owns a fire sword, and flies wit a pair of wings when he shows himself. *

mab21 6.01.12 - 09:47am
All kinds of angels are described wit wings. *

mab21 6.01.12 - 09:52am
An arcangel's voice is identifyed wit purity, Jesus is pure, esp after the passions when He redeemed humankind from Sin than ressurected, that's why He's voice is perceived as an archangel's voice. Also after ressurection Jesus is more heavenly, unearthly *

mab21 6.01.12 - 09:55am
And angels, no matter what type and strength were never human beings, nor human matter, only heavenly. So theyr voice is soft and special. And Jesus, since heavenly, won't have a human voice, would have an angelic voice. *

unquiet1 6.01.12 - 11:54am
the angels that are shown on tv in movies and in paintings are only interpretations of ppls own thoughts on angels. And you shouldn really rely on them to point out that Jesus didnt have wings so therefor he cant be Michael.
Look at the bible. The angels that came to warn Lot did they have wings? read Genesis 18 and 19 angels could materialize body and become human. *

unquiet1 6.01.12 - 11:57am
do you remember the angels that came to earth and married the beautiful women? Those angels didnt have wings. But when noahs flood came they got angel bodys and flew back to heaven again *

way2go 7.01.12 - 05:07pm
And angels don't really have wings because it's in vision that they are depicted. Even a human form is not what they really are. As unquiet pointed out,some materialised in human form on earth. Anyway, the Scriptures show that Michael is the prehuman and post human Jesus. Many other christian groups know it too. What it does,is also show that Jesus is no part of a trinitarian Godhead or equal to God before or after being a human on earth. *

mab21 8.01.12 - 07:12am
oh well that's true, shouldn't add the wings argument hahaangel2.GIF *

way2go 23.01.12 - 10:15am
angel.GIF They didn't have halos either,as that is from worship of Sun gods. *

surfrchk 23.03.12 - 07:13pm
Wow, and in the Quran they explain in detail how Michaels wings look. Amazing how different each faith is. *

ecurb.p 25.03.12 - 09:57pm
Oh brother! i have realizd that you are under deception,first i belive you are buying the jehovahs witnesses staff coz they share your thought.now take king james n GET THIS,1st Jesus is God the Son,john1-1,He ts these in john 14 when He say' I and my father are one,each in the other..'arch angel is the lead angel of war and servant of the lord..and making Him god is like saing saturn who is a fallen angel is god!..stop it..deceiver. *

ecurb.p 25.03.12 - 10:03pm
.Oh brother! i have realizd that you are under deception,first i belive you are buying the jehovahs witnesses staff coz they share your thought.now take king james n GET THIS,1st Jesus is God the Son,john1-1,He ts these in john 14 when He say' I and my father are one,each in the other..'arch angel is the lead angel of war and servant of the lord..and making Him god is like saing saturn who is a fallen angel is god!..stop it..deceiver. *

ecurb.p 25.03.12 - 10:29pm
Jehovahs witns,do not even belive in the Holyspirit(God) as a person,and this is the person who instructed David to Recorgnize Jesus as Lord .devil is a skeamer he first make you belive that Jesus is not the Lord to kill Davids words and so Jesuss, taking mark12-36 out of the biblethe Lord said to my Lord sit at my right hand till i make Your enemies Your footstool.''ALL CAPITAL L(S).ONE.scribe! *

unquiet1 27.03.12 - 10:59am
im actually 1 of Jehovah's witnesses and whoever told you we dont believe in the holy spirit was lying to you. why do you ignore all the scriptures we are discussing in this topic and divert to other scriptures? if you want to learn more and discuss your Jesus is God teaching please join my group called TRINITYGROUP there we discuss each verse 1 by 1 . now why dont we discuss the passages concerning Michael being Jesus *

* MichaelAndJesus Forum

Search:
topics replies

* MichaelAndJesus

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search